Please read the terms & conditions carefully. By entering a race, you are explicitly acknowledging that you have read and understood the terms and that you agree to be bound by them.
Tough Viking is an obstacle course race where the participants run a track of 8-15 km (exact length can vary and is not exact). Along the course are 20+ obstacles that the participant has to claim in order to finish the race.
Tough Viking is organized by Tough Viking AB, registered in Sweden. Corporate details:
Tough Viking AB
Erik Dahlbergsgatan 46
SE-115 57 Stockholm
Organizational number: 556888-4158
VAT number: SE 556888 4158 01
Terms and rules for participation
You have to be 18+ years in order to participate. However, it is possible to participte if you are 16 years old and have a written consent from your parents, that then take the full responsibility for your participation.
Sing-up for a race
Rules on and off the course
- Sing-up is exclusively done at toughviking.se / .com / .no / .fi / .dk / or .fr
- By singing up you are acknowledging and accepting all the terms & conditions stated here
- Due to security reasons we might have to limit the number of participants in each race
- ID control will be made as you pick up your start kit normally at the race venue.
- We are not able to hand out the start kit to anyone without a valid ID and you will not be able to start in the race, nor get a refund.
- As you sing up for the race, you choose an open start time. Tough Viking can change the stated starting time if needed.
- Purchased tickets will not be refunded.
- The participant has to follow the course and not deviate from the marked path
- The participant has to accept all race instructions on the course and from the obstacle captains and the Tough Viking crew
- If you cannot conquer an obstacle you will follow out the given punishment (normally burpees or corresponding actions) before you continue.
- You cannot at any time, on any obstacle dive in with your head first.
- At the obstacle Slide you will go with your feet first. It is prohibited to go head first.
- The participant acknowledges that that Tough Viking is a great physical as well as psychological challenge where you will push your boundaries to the max. The race is normally 8-15 km and will include 20+ challenging obstacles. Note that it is a totally different thing to run 8-15 km on flat grounds. You will need to train hard for the event.
- The participant acknowledges the toughness of the race and will prepare for the race by extensive necessary training
- The participant can without problem swim at least 50 metres in cold and deep water.
- We use electrified obstacles and if you have heart problems, are pregnant or any other medical issues that can be triggered by electricity, you will not participate in the race or you have to stand over the electrified obstacles.
- We use light effects and participants with epilepsy will avoid those obstacles.
- Participant with asthma or claustrophobia should stay clear of our obstacles that include confined spaces (crawling through long pipes etc.).
We urge each participant to sign up for a separate insurance that covers accidents in race like this.
Clothing and shoes
Alcohol and other drugs
- All participants have to wear proper shoes
- Shoes with metal spikes are not allowed due to the risk of damaging the obstacles and hurting fellow competitors. If you use metal spikes we will disqualify you from the race and dismiss you without possibility of reclaiming your entrance fee.
- Suits and costumes have to be designed not to endanger neither the participant or fellow racers. Tough Viking has the full right to decide what is proper and not and the participant will have follow the instructions or he or she will not be able to participate in the race.
- We recommend that you use functional sport fabrics and that you stay away from cotton as you will be wet for most part of the race. You should have dry and warm clothing at the finish.
- Participants cannot participate without proper clothing on the lower body. What is proper is decided by Tough Viking.
- We recommend that you use gloves with rubber texture for protecting your hands and ensure the best possible grip on wet obstacles. You will be able to purchase gloves at the race venue before the race.
Participants as well as the audience cannot be intoxicated by alcohol or other drugs. This is a sports event and we will and dismiss you from the area.
For Elite racers
Environment and trash
- Participants that race in the Elite group are not allowed to help each other in any way around the course or on the obstacles.
- You are not allowed to receive assistance from the audience or any other way during the race.
- As an elite racer you should stick to the middle of the course and not take the easy side at any time.
- If you do not refer to the rules you will be disqualified
Our races are held at unique and beautiful venues. Take care of the environment and all trash should be placed in the marked containers spread around the course. If not, you can be disqualified and dismissed from the area.
Discontinue a race
If the participant need or wishes to discontinue the race, this is done easiest at an obstacle. Notify the obstacle captain, hand over the race chip to her/him. The obstacle captain will inform the Tough Viking organization that you have discontinued the race.
Emergency & health care
We have a race health care organization at the venue consisting of mobile medic teams, ambulance and health care tents (start/finish area). All obstacle captains are equipped with communication radios and mobile phones and can call for our mobile health care teams to arrive as fast as possible.
Tough Viking is not in any way responsible for thefts, crimes or loss of personal property before, during or after the race. It is up to each participant to protect their personal property and have their own insurance for covering issues like that.
The course, obstacles and drink stations
The participant acknowledges that Tough Viking at any time may change the course (length, area, obstacles and number of obstacles) as well as the number and the placement of the drinking stations. The course guides/maps that are published before the races are to be seen as basic and draft outline for what the course is likely to look like. Obstacles can be both added as withdrawn without that the participant can come with any claims against Tough Viking.
Pictures and videos from the race
Pictures and videos that might be taken on the participant during the race belongs to Tough Viking. Tough Viking can use these in any form without further consent from or compensation to the participant. This also includes future marketing of the races.
Time chip and timing
Each participant will receive a time chip in the start kit that should be placed according to the instructions around the ankle. The time chip should be returned at the finish area. Not returned time chips will be invoiced with EUR 100 or SEK 1.000 to the participant.
Tough Viking have the right to collect, treat and use your stated personal information. Tough Viking can also use this in order to send marketing mail from Tough Viking and our sponsors.
- The participant can be disqualified from the race and dismissed from the grounds if behaving aggressively or in other terms not properly.
- Tough Viking can, if Tough Viking deems the weather conditions to be unfit for a race, postpone the race or terminate it if conditions are getting unsafe. The participant fee will not be repaid in these circumstances.
- Participants will observe and follow local laws and behave responsible and respectably towards fellow racers, the audience and the Tough Viking crew.